Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'm so Excited and I Think I Like It

Just received Creative is a Verb byPatti Digh.  I can hardly touch it, it is so awesome, I wish I could have this feeling of excitement and optimism every day!  Fantastic art, inspirational quotes and simply good stories.  Don't know why it took five days to cross Canada after being dispatched though, only takes this long from the UK. 
Excerpt from the book by contributor, Maya Stein:

Irreverent Baker
I should be upstairs with others, drumming up ways
to heal the world, save the animals, pray for water
in a far off continent, devote the remainder of my days
to a catalog of restorations.  But this morning, it was the matter
of scones that drew my gaze, and my feet remained
planted in the kitchen.  One must never ignore the instinct
to create, is what I told myself, and soon the counter was stained
with flour, my hands sticky with dough, the house inked
with the smell of blueberry possibility, and I knew I was not wrong.
This was my prayer, my act of healing, my offering, my song.

How beautiful and relevant is this to those of us who feel we never do good things, are not good enough and keep looking for opportunities to help others when maybe we are already doing it.  Thank you Maya Stein.

1 comment:

  1. Magenta,

    Been so busy with the workshop. Apologize for the late reply hon. You will have all the infoRmation you need before Wednesday's class

    hUGS!

    ReplyDelete